Monday, October 09, 2006

 

A Simple Self-Help Tip For When You're Stressed

These particular points on the forehead, known as frontal eminences, are reflex points with connections to the central meridian (involved with the brain), the stomach meridian (and your stomach often churns when you're anxious or angry), and the bladder meridian (trips to the loo/bathroom are often necessary when we're apprehensive).

I recently explained this self-help technique to a business colleague - a keen mountain biker who'd had a serious bike accident at 30 miles an hour and had broken his skull and collar bone. This is what he wrote to me later:


"I don't know how to thank you enough for the technique you described to me over the phone the other day, it helped me enormously!"

The following week he sent me this message:


"Your tip worked once again last night - went out (in the pitch black with my Light&Motion 'daylighter' light) and did some serious single-tracking and downhilling!!! I never thought I'd be doing that again - ever! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was brilliant!!!!!!!"

Fortunately you don't have to break a lot of bones to try this tip - it's great in all sorts of situations - before you visit the dentist or make an important speech; after you've heard some bad news or had a fall; when thoughts about the past are upsetting and disturbing or when you are worrying about the future.